The Olde Post House, Chapel Street, Rosscarbery, West Cork. P85 Y240
High, wide, and handsome, its one of Rosscarbery’s most historic buildings,
under the new roof there is almost 5,000 sq. ft., including 13 bedrooms,
a 2 bed self-contained cottage, a garage, commercial space and rear access.
Guide Price: SOLD
High, wide, and handsome, its one of Rosscarbery’s most historic buildings, under the new roof there is almost 5,000 sq. ft., including 13 bedrooms, a 2 bed self-contained cottage, a garage, commercial space and rear access.
It is pretty neat, tidy and totally liveable as-is, but it is also the very definition of a renovator’s delight offering outstanding potential to update and capitalise on its superb location just off the town square. It was originally known as The Arcade,
in the 1800’s it was a three storey department store with a series of shops including Drapery, Bakery, Grocery and a Pub
In the 1840’s it is said the Fenian, Jeremiah O’Donovan Rossa conducted business in the Arcade. General Tom Barry lived in the Arcade from 1907 – 1914. One of the first Courts held in the Irish Free State was held on the first landing of the Arcade, with Michael Collins brother Johnny as Judge. The Horrigan Family ran a post office in the building from 1945 – 2002 and a B & B from the early 1960’s – 1990’s, it has remained in the Horrigan family until this day. This landmark building of rare distinction has 3 entrances off the street, retail & office space and drive in rear access, it offers immediate income potential and long term capital
Services: Mains water, mains sewage, electric heating and broadband is available.
Mouseover to pause slideshow